Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Discovering Headcovering"

Discovering Headcovering", by "Reformed SHEology" at blogspot, begins:
In this modern church age, covering one's head is often seen as an outdated practice reserved only for the extremely orthodox or downright legalistic Christian. A majority of today's Christians, both men and women alike, feel that the practice of headcovering is "not for today." Approximately three months ago, I began covering my head. I reached a point where the idea that headcovering was "a social custom for that particular time" did not hold any water for me. I am fully convinced that the practice of headcovering described in 1 Corinthians 11 is indeed for today, and I hope to describe why I have grown to love this practice and the way it has turbo-charged my love for God and His Word.

But that's not all, there's more! Click on the title linked above to read a very thorough and lovely article explaining the Christian use of the head covering in worship, including a few of the aspects that the symbol reaches, especially "because of the angels". She includes links as well.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Lisa, thank you so much for your kind recommendation of my article to your readers! I do have some more I plan on writing on this subject in the next few days or so. God bless you sister and thank you for visiting.