Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"highest level of thought and civilization"

Tawakkul Karman of Yemen, Nobel Laureate


I have seen this quote by Nobel Prize winner, Tawakkul Karman, of Yemen, many times on the internet, but I have not been able to place a definite time or interview with it. If you have the link to a transcript of the interview, I would like to post it here as well; please comment. The quote referring to modesty in clothing as opposed to early man who wore almost no clothing:

"When asked about her hijab by journalists and how it is not proportionate with her level of intellect and education, she replied, “Man in the early times was almost naked, and as his intellect evolved he started wearing clothes. What I am today and what I’m wearing represents the highest level of thought and civilization that man has achieved, and is not regressive. It’s the removal of clothes again that is regressive back to ancient TIMES.”"

No comments: