Thursday, July 31, 2008

Christian Headcovering Testimony

taken from "I want to be a Shaker please!"
by Kristie
. . . I reflected on my own desires the past couple of years. man, how I wished I could live in a “Christian community”! I guess I thought it could solve all my issues, make life so much easier…then I would dismiss the thought. I also reflected on the many ladies that I have encountered in the online groups that practice modesty or headcovering (or both lol). So many want to move out…away from it all, to purify themselves and their families. I, myself, would love nothing more than to pick up and move out into the country, away from everybody. But what about the “world”? What about modern “churches”? Do we Christians, need to move away? (Now if there are extenuating circumstances where you NEED to move do to safety, drugs, or whatever that’s a little different) Where are the “lights” for those who are lost?

When God moved me to modesty and headcovering, He made it clear (after much searching on my part) that I was to do it where ever I was at. Meaning, that even if I was the ONLY person in my church, I was to continue on in obedience. When we left [----], it was for several reasons (not for me to discuss on here). We did go through a searching time. And God provided almost exactly 1 year after we left there! [----] is a good little church, far from perfect, but a great family. They have accepted me where I am, no matter how funny LOL I may look! I believe that through my obedience, God will speak to people. Not that I am anything special, but I know how much seeing people obey God in whatever He tells them, really influenced me! When we buy our first home, it will be where God calls us, even if its right smack in the middle of the city.

See also Kristie's story: "how I came to be more modest and headcover".

Be encouraged!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this, I have been asking God to let me know what He asks of me and the whole truth of His words, after much prayer, Ive been revealed alot of what He asks of us. and when I brought up the subject about covering head, my own mother stopped me from speaking of old ways of the bible and it has no meaning todays christian living, I however been motivated after being discourage by many to wear a head covering when in church and praying, However since I have never done this before, I feel I will be looked down upon by the church(it a Modern day non denominational church that allows anyone to wear freely, many wear short showing there bottom and men and women wear flip flops to church and ive seen alot of women wear clothing showing there stomach and cleavage and etc..When I first went I was shocked to see the church allow this and ok it, as the pastor said, God didnt say you have to dress a certain way for Him to be present in the church? I only go there because it is a church my husband insist on going to, I hope in time my husband will agree to see the church is not a church that respect what God asks of us. Again thank you.

LisaM at ThoseHeadcoverings said...

I am glad that you've shared too, Anonymous. I am glad that you found encouragement here, and I pray you will continue to find the encouragement to obey and continue to grow in faith and knowledge of Christ and God's Word. May you be a light for those around you, especially those in the church that meets where you are. God continue to bless you, and all the dear readers who are encouraged by these words.