Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Personal Conviction

Found online:

A few emails I’ve received lately prompted this post.

Why cover your head?

I can’t speak to why others choose to cover their heads. For some, it’s a religious mandate (Muslims, some Jews, Amish, some Mennonite, others?). For some, it’s less a religious mandate and more of a personal conviction.

I’m not really going to debate the Biblical aspect here. In my opinion, women covering their head is not mandated by the Bible, but neither is it forbidden. I believe it’s a practice that is smiled upon by God when done for the correct purpose.

I CAN speak to why I have chosen to cover during various phases of my life.


for the whole post, see "Headcovering", March 19, 2009 by sarahtar at wordpress

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nominated you to receive a "sisterhood award" on my site.

Michelle Maddocks said...

Thank you so much for your Sisterhood, Natasa. You lift me up! :)