Saturday, April 4, 2009

Head Covering Wikibook

Barei Lev posts this information, Friday, March 27, 2009:
"Wikibooks"
Just a short entry right now, looking for anyone interested in contributing to a project.

I discovered Wikibooks a couple weeks ago, and became very excited about doing a few projects there. If you are not familiar with it, Wikibooks is an open-content site for creating textbooks. It is very research-based, not about personal experience or opinions. I am working on two projects that I thought might be of interest to readers here. These projects are:

1) Headcovering - This book has just been set up, and you can see it here. I am interested in doing a book on religious headcoverings (or headcoverings in general, but I am thinking an emphasis on covering for religious purposes), the history and official reasons for them. In other words, I would be interested in religious primary texts, traditional sources, what current leaders/scholars have to say on the topic. No particular religion, anyone who does or has information on this practice is welcome.

. . .
Post a Comment