Sunday, November 16, 2008

Headcovering Christian Bloggers - More

Are you researching Christian headcovering? Prayer veils? Mantillas? Women in Christian worship?

Head covering in the Bible is not a subject to be dismissed, nor is it something which all the law and the prophets hang on. It could be assumed by some people that the continual subject matter of this blog makes it look like I (and others whose posts I share) are just harping on a subject which is of little consequence. I assure you - I (and I think the others whose posts I share) realize that there are many, many matters of daily living in Christ which are important to attend to. Because the subject matter of this blog centers upon headcoverings does in no way imply that one should think that covering the woman's head is in some sort of 5 step plan to salvation, and that if she does it, she's in. Head covering is but one small obedient thing, done by only the women of God's children: one small thing found in a Book full of commands, precepts, laws, prophecies, proverbs, illustrations and wisdom (among other important things). And head covering is one obedient thing that is overlooked, misunderstood and even frowned upon in our day. But why should anything, no matter how small, be overlooked, when it comes to living for the One who I believe gave up heavenly living to dwell on earth as a person and then be treated and later killed in a most disgusting way, for my sake?

Head covering is one of many things that "come along" at some point in our growth, and for those whose hearts are full of seeking, I believe it is shameful to dismiss as some cultural thing or other that we don't need to even think about today.

I actually think there's a movement afoot. (Or should that be, "ahead"?) Please, be encouraged by what you read here. Please, continue to press on.


aloveofthetruth.blogspot.com - November 15, 2008
"Head Covering" - hopefully one of more essays to come by a lady who covers her head, believing that obedience is indeed a part of salvation

thebibleprayerline.blogspot.com - November 15, 2008
"Bible Questions Answered: Veil-The" - a question and answer lesson from an elder pastor who desires revival of - not just the old ways, but - the ways of the all of the Bible

deesclosets.blogspot.com - November 15, 2008
"Headcovering.. Such a topic for all. Those who do and those who don't and those that are confused" - includes a listing of yet a few more links where one can study this subject for themselves

And finally, a thought for the day:

sparrowinthesnow.blogspot.com - November 15, 2008, in:
"Various thoughts and updates" -
I am not sure if all y'all know, but I headcover. You have probably seen it in some of the pics I have posted. I do not feel that one must always headcover. And last night, because we were on a date, I considered not covering . . . . I decided to put it on anyway, and I am glad I did. I ran into our neighbors who seem very nice but are most definitely witches (as in, that is what they proclaim as their religion, not that I am being catty). She had on her cape and amulets or whatever, and I was standing in my headcovering. We said hello briefly, I talked to her husband for a moment, and then it was over. However, I was very thankful to be wearing my faith when I ran into someone who was wearing their beliefs. I was thankful that I was ready "in season and out of season...".


Yes. Headcovering is just a small thing. But so is a cup of water. A child. The rod of Moses. A stone and a sling. A tent peg. An arrow. A visit. A coin. A parchment. ... Nothing is small. Not really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for these links... when I start to study about covering I found only few links.. it is interesting how many women outside amish and menonite circles coming to decision to cover...sometimes they are only one in their churches... but Spirit of God working on that issue... I see that...

M. Akamau said...

I just wanted to stand up and shout "Preach up in here!" Goodness...what you are saying RESOUNDS deep in my spirit...no small thing, indeed. A tent peg. A coin. Your words are just perfect, if I may so, and yes, I hope there IS a movement afoot, and hope that God desires to use me in some small way. I am so thankful for your voice, dear one. Let it ring loud and strong. Let it ring.

Lauren said...

Thank you for this post and for your blog. I have practiced head covering for almost 5 years now, and I have indeed seen the blessing of obedience! God is wise in giving us the commands He does. :-)

I am working on a fairly in-depth (ten-article) series on Christian headcovering for the blog I share with my sister-in-law, Abigail, at PearlsAndDiamonds.wordpress.com. Your blog was a joy to happen upon while doing some online research! I hope to post the series beginning in the first week of December.

Also, as to a movement...I think the Holy Spirit is up to something...my husband and I have only been at our church for about 6 months, and there have been a handful of brothers and sisters ask about my head scarfs! We didn't bring it up with anyone, but already two families desire to obey the Scriptures in this area! So God is certainly at work! Even when we don't say anything to get things started! :-) When just one or two choose to quietly obey, God can work wonders.

Well, sorry to ramble on...Thanks again for this blog!

~Lauren

Joanne said...

Thank you for your post! I realize this is an old post, but I wanted to encourage you anyway. I have a few posts about headcovering as well - here are the links if you are interested.

http://fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/2010/05/head-covering.html

and

http://fewtherebethatfindit.blogspot.com/2010/10/biblical-headcovering-1-corinthians-11.html

Lord bless you.