Sunday, November 2, 2008

Quote of the Week

... What I saw at the Feast [of Sukkot] convinced me that if women of today weren't surrounded with all the garbage telling them that head coverings are "not necessary" or "bad" or "suppress you" or "are things of the past" or "just not necessary" or any of the other bogus and completely useless and unscriptural reasons to not ever wear one---then they would probably not be so opposed to it. Unfortunately our society has actually been the force suppressing women from being and doing what comes natural--head coverings in attire among other things.

- from a blog entitled: The Bemidbar Newsletter: October 30, 2008, "Returning" : "I am now returning from Sukkot--8 days of pure rejoicing before YHWH... 8 days of Beards and Tzitziyot (Tassels) and Head coverings and modest clothing ... and all the other things this world lacks which are proper and have been proper and always will be proper."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I simply could not put in anything more that would accurately point out society's destructive influence. Sometimes fewer words get right to the target. In my heart of hearts, covering my head and body is a yearning within my own soul. Sexy is for my husband. Bold and beautiful hair, is for my husband. I feel very uncomfortable when men keep their eyes on me. It makes me aware I am doing something amiss.