Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fashion Scarf

Monday, May 18, 2009
New & Hot: ABonita Head Scarf
--By Jules Newmark, in the "Adventures in the Stiletto Jungle" blog

There's something about a chic woman who is totally put together, but a little bohemian looking. Whether she's wearing some chic boots or a scarf, the woman has a touch of downtown, beachy/urbanness that's almost too great to call one style. A put together mess one might say, but others know, this woman is hot on the trail of the trends and changes them to make the most sense for her.

That being said, sometimes a hair-do can be the end all factor in a perfect outfit. Many woman don't know what to do with their tresses and end up in a wanna-be style that doesn't suit them or their mirror. A great look is the head scarf. Now don't think a do-rag, beanie, turban or any of the above. This is a look simply accomplished by tying a scarf through the hair or around like a headband. Bonita Sands recognized the same people and created her own line of hair scarves called ABonita.

Click to ABonita scarf here

~

5 comments:

Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Those are cute, and I can think of a few different ways to wear some of them. I can even think of ways to convert the sarongs into head-scarves. :P I've done that before. I found some gorgeous sarongs with the bathing suits at Marshalls or somewhere and immediately thought: "Head wrap."

Alana said...

Nun meets biker chic. So not attractive IMO.

Renee said...

Yes Alana - I agree - I could do without one of these myself! LOL I think the concept is good. The style though (IMHO) needs a little more refining; but ya know - hey - what ever floats your boat!

moonstar said...

I saw the designer Bonita selling these unique scarves in Panama City at a biker rally last year and bought one to wear while riding. I love it! For one it is made of cotton so my skin can breath, and the prints are fun! The main thing I love about the ABonita Scarf is the headband snaps on tight and it doesn't come off while riding. I found if I wrap the ends under my long hair and tie it back over the top it holds my hair in place. It is so much more feminine than the doo-rag!

Anonymous said...

While going through chemo and losing my hair my friend gave me an ABonita Scarf, I love the way it looks and is is so comfortable. I went swimming with it on and I felt so secure because it fit snug and stayed on! I just ordered 2 more from the website and can't wait to get them!