Sunday, July 12, 2009

What I wore today

Salwar kameez 3 piece suit with matching dupatta - a large scarf which is easily pulled over the head, yet can be stylishly worn around the neck in casual conversation, and even tied loosely behind the back when moving around the kitchen, or in a crowd. I've also been known to wear said outfits with the scarf folded over and tied around behind my neck, as in the photo. I don't usually wear red and black, but found this a pretty good example of what I'm talking about (imagine it in white and yellow with flower patterns).

Just so you know. :) - LisaM

(image from www.utsavsarees.com/salwar/indiandupatta.htm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS - I for one thought Michelle Obama looked very sweet and respectful when she met the Pope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you wear it just around the house or for the church also?

Michelle Maddocks said...

good question, Natasa - I wear them to worship, because the styles that I have are "dressy" - I have a couple that I wear around the house and shopping too. I still wear skirts and tops or long tops over loose pants around the house mostly, and usually wear a dress on Sundays.

Renee said...

I love salwar kamees(s) they are very comfortable. A friend of mine from India had brought me one on her return trip from visiting her sisters!