Monday, March 9, 2009

Learning to Cover

New to head covering: Ashley Wies
"Why I want to wear a headcovering..."

"Wow. After weeks of praying, reading, and more praying I am fully convinced that God is calling me to cover my head. Writing those words, making the statement fills me with joy I cannot even describe. I'm not exaggerating. You know that feeling you have when you are standing before your spouse, about to get married? Or about to have your first kiss? Or waiting for your newborn to finally arrive?

"That's how I feel right now. A mix of nervous and joyful energy swirling around me. I don't know if I can fully explain this feeling.

"This isn't an easy decision for me. It really is like a marriage. There are a lot of emotions involved in this decision, but also a lot of intellectual and spiritual tugs. I couldn't possible get into every little (and big) thing in this post, I just don't have the time right now (would be like a ten page post). But this is an important decision in my life, and I am not jumping into it for the sake of jumping into it."

Please read the rest of this lovely testimony of faith in obedience at the author's blog, linked in the title above.

~~~~~~~~~~

Also, for those of you studying on the various aspects of Christian headcovering and how it relates to the Jewish tradition and command, you may be interested in "Grace In Bloom"'s post of March 6, 2009: "Article Regarding Headcoverings"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been given my very first award and I'm happy and honored to pass it on to you.

Please see my blog for award:http://arabiamagick.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-very-first-award.html

Lucy said...

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/undergod/2009/03/note_to_bank_a_hijab_is_not_a.html