Monday, March 16, 2009

Men in Church Hats

Back in June of 2008, I posted a short article here on the "Dominican Use of Capuce" - a head covering worn by clergy of Dominican following. I just received a response to that, which I wanted to share with all who may be interested. When you click to the links, have your German translator handy, and look for the collections of photos of various headgear, along with a page of links to other sources concerning religious head coverings:
Dieter Philippi said...

By coincidence I visited your blog and it was very interesting for me to browse thru.

The cappello romano, called Saturno is becoming more and more popular again.

I have a lot of them in my collection.

My new book Kopfbedeckungen in Religion, Glaube und Spiritualität will be published in May 2009. There can be found over 450 high-quality pictures of the headcoverings worn by the dignitaries of the different churches and religions.

I changed the original link from Dieter Philippi to the collection, because the link did not work for me.

No comments: