Monday, February 23, 2009

Should a Christian Dress Differently?

A little food for thought:

"Secret agent christians"
February 20, by Sylvia Mitchell-Sanders, Miami Spirituality Examiner

From the article:
In Christ, we are set free – free to make our own choices. However, our love for Christ should restrain just far how we go. What happens when Christians, especially the leadership, begin to look like the rest of the world around us? One response to this question was… “it is what is on the inside that matters.” True as that may be we communicate something by the way we dress.
Sometimes we are afraid to stick out in a crowd, to look different. Should we be?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post...the 1st thing that comes to mind when ever I hear something like this is 'come out from among the world and be ye seperate'

It's human nature to want to 'belong' but we are supposed to be seperate and stick out.
I sure stick out in the Chicago Winter with long jean skirts on in the snow or with long sleve of 3/4 sleves in the Summer.lol
I personally at this point in my life don't really mind sticking out.
I might mind when I start covering my hair up and show up to Church:O
Sometimes it's sad that the people who should be the most understanding (especially about hearing G*ds voice listening to it) would understand but, I find that they can sometimes be the most difficult.
I think there should be a noticable difference between a Christian and the rest of the world!

Michelle Maddocks said...

Thank you for the good comments, Tiffany!

Anonymous said...

BTW
separate and sleeve...lol I do know how to spell.

Michelle Maddocks said...

haha - spelling is not a problem. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes. Tiffany's feelings are so true - I sometimes wonder if the difference within the church setting (the building) is the wheat and tares. I do believe The Lord is calling the wheat out to be His separate people; we are currently awakening everywhere.
When times are really, really tough, how will the lost know who to turn to? If they see a modest woman who shines with hope and peace, they will go to her to find the answers. I believe this.