Monday, June 9, 2008

One Muslim Woman's Decision

Please read:

Me without my hijab

"Removing my head covering changed how I saw myself and the world."
By Zainab Mineeia, June 8, 2008
LATimes.com


Sharing the hard decision of whether or not to continue to cover in the United States. Please read this article with an open mind and heart. The decision to cover your head in a secular country seems to be contrary to the law of "modesty" which covering is supposed to provide. How sad for the secular countries of the world, when to be modest merely means to blend in and be like everybody else.

1 comment:

Scarf Ace said...

"At the same time, I was disappointed. We shouldn't have to hide the fact that we're Muslims in order to be treated like everyone else"--- interesting article and interesting blog!