Sunday, June 8, 2008

Web site of the week

One of my favourite web sites - ModestClothes.com - has made
"Web site of the week" on the Modesto (California) ModestoBee.com, in their "Beliefs & Issues" section.

Their summary:

Many faith traditions require girls and women to dress modestly. This site (www.modestclothes. com) gives links to categories such as style (swimsuits, trendy, classic, head coverings) and creed (Islamic, Jewish, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Catholic). The site's author, raised Lutheran and now a Muslim, also blogs with new finds and offers readers a chance to interact.

1 comment:

Mary Rose said...

Lisa, thank you for your visits. I've been meaning to come over here and just say "hey" and comment!

I have to give you a huge THANK YOU for this entry. I visited the website and was thrilled to FINALLY find the kind of swimsuit I wanted.

I'm going to join a swim club and start swimming laps again. However, I needed a suit that had a racer back but a longer leg. My desire was to have something like what bike shorts look like, but attached so the suit was all one piece.

I was beginning to think it would just stay in my imagination until I visited one of the "modest clothing" sites. It's a Hawaiian company that sells exactly the type of suit I wanted!

Thanks so much. I told my husband about it and hope to get this suit very soon!