"Womans Headcoverings Part 01", By Craig Simpson
In this series of articles we want to consider the subject of head coverings; it is a subject that has caused so much confusion throughout the years, and in a lot of people's minds, it is really an unsettled matter. This however, needn't be the case. If we look at this subject with a searching mind, we will see that the subject is very clear and has a reasonable explanation, which is provided in the pages of the Word of God.
Our objective in these articles is to approach the subject with a clear mind helping all of us to come to a firm conclusion once and for all, we will:
* firstly set the background to the Apostle Paul's inspired comment
* look at what Paul has to say in 1 Corinthians 11
* look at what early church history has to say on these matters
* consider objections which have been raised throughout the years
* and finally consider what we in the twenty first century should be doing in our worship to our Heavenly Father.
In this first article, the writer goes back to the beginning, presenting the concept of the authority of men, as is mentioned in the passage from 1 Corinthians 11. A short article using scripture.
Part 2 is also available here.
This website is maintained by the Maranatha Christadelphians of New Zealand, Southern California, and Australia.