Thursday, June 5, 2008

Poll - Closed

When I first began researching head covering, a couple of years ago, I thought it might be nice to post all of the links to one webpage and share it with others who might also be researching. (That old page has been re-done into the Those Headcoverings Links Webpages). I asked some of the websites I wanted to include, and most thought it was a good idea and were glad for me to do it. I did get one response back, however, stating that since they believed that the headcovering was a sign for Christians only, they did not want me to post a link to their website in a list that included other beliefs.

So I'm wondering, now that I have more hits to this blog: are there others who feel this way about the headcovering? Or a particular type of head covering perhaps? I have posted the poll in the side column. Let me know what you think, please, and if you have any other comments on this idea, please leave me a comment.

Thank you.

-----------

I suppose that very few believe that the headcovering is for their faith only - though most do understand that they have different reasons for wearing a head covering. Thank you for voting.

4 comments:

Mary Rose said...

My husband did an extensive study on headcoverings years ago. He's a Christian (as am I) and said that Muslim women wear the covering as modesty but that it's also in the Koran. To be honest, I've never looked into other faiths that do this.

I would say that other faiths do it as either an obedience or submission issue. I do think there are similarities but yet the ultimate purpose for that submission may differ. (i.e. - as a Christian, I am showing my submission as Christ submitted to God, His Father.)

I think women who cover have more in common with one another as far as having modesty and a meek heart. But we all obviously believe differently regarding our faith. Jewish women still wait for their Messiah. Christians believe the Messiah already has come as Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Son of God, God-Made-Flesh, and Savior of the world. And Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and nothing more.

LisaM at ThoseHeadcoverings said...

Thank you for your reply, mary rose :)

Sammybunny said...

I really like Mary Rose's answer. Very well stated!

Unknown said...

I appreciate your website a whole lot. I have, in fact, spoken of it with a few friends of various faiths. I like that we can all come together, swap ideas or stories and respect each other.

Thanks for being willing to have links from other women of varying faiths.
Peace,
aisha